Thursday, August 31, 2017

My First Mosaic Workshop in My Own Studio

Well this was certainly a first for me. It was such a great feeling to invite participants into my working studio to take a workshop. They were surrounded by my art, mosaic materials, and tools of the trade. Immersed is a better way to say it. Another first was using a theme provided by Marilyn who arranged to have this one day workshop for her daughter, daughter-in-law, and granddaughter. It was definitely a privilege to get to know the family. The theme of this stained glass mosaic workshop was based on a silk scarf Marilyn had bought on a trip to Spain. And it is no surprise that the scarf had had images of Anton Gaudi's famous Parc Guell mosaic masterpiece. Here are some pictures from that fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment